Wednesday 23 August 2017

Press on

Brothers, I do consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.             Phil. 3.13,14                                                                                                                                            


The race continues, and Paul illustrates aspects of the journey through life that we all may face, and need to come to terms with.

Things happen that we do well to forget. There occurs “garbage” in our living and we have the choice of carrying it or setting it down. Releasing may involve or require forgiving. I hope I’ve reached such a station in life where I can willingly forgive, and do this sooner rather than later. I have most certainly seen the release that forgiveness brings – in me!

In letting go of the past I am free to give myself to the present and the future. I can strain toward what is ahead (without stressing about it). The goal is set before me. It sometimes appears to be elusive, just that tiny bit out of reach. Let me not be put off. The prize is there. It is there for all who will press forward to reach it.

I have been called by God. His direction for me is heavenward. What does this mean? One day I will reach heaven. Meanwhile, I point myself in that direction. I seek to be as much like Christ as I am able. I join with Him in who I am and what I do. I believe He will gladly run this race with me if I will allow Him.



Precious Lord,
I am well and truly in the race of life. And my direction is heavenward. I seek Your presence with me in the daily journey. Lead me, please, to release those things I need to. May I look forward and press on toward my heavenly goal. May I know You’re with me.     Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").









No comments:

Post a Comment