Monday 21 August 2017

Not already

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.                                    Phil.3.12


Paul is not there. He has not yet achieved the fullness of his desires. He is still in the making. And he resolves to press on. He will not settle for what he has. He has a greater view of his destination and he commits himself to go forward to that destination.

He realises that Jesus took hold of him for a purpose. That purpose is not yet fulfilled so he looks ahead. He is prepared to travel the road in order to reach the destination; he will run the race in order to gain the prize.

I also believe that Jesus took hold of me for a purpose. I sense that purpose is being worked out, but it is not complete. Indeed, the perfection will not come before heaven, but God’s purpose for my life can be outworked as I journey through life.

Paul gave himself to travel on. He pressed on, his aim being to take hold of all that God had for him. I likewise commit to what is ahead. I press on, and I press in to Jesus. He is the way, and He will lead me in that way. I believe it starts with my willingness. I give Him my willingness. I press in, and I press on. May I know him in all things.



Lord Jesus,
I believe You took hold of me for things that will be revealed and outworked through the rest of my life. I give myself to all that You took hold of me for. Let me be willing to go wherever You lead me and to do what You would have of me. I press on, in You. I praise Your name. Hallelujah!              Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment