Saturday 19 August 2017

Fullness

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death.                                                 Phil. 3.10


Paul states his desire to enter into the fullness of Christ. Firstly, he wants to know Him. This is a most beautiful thing. This is not simply knowing about Him, but knowing Him and going deeper into Him and with Him as the relationship grows.

As we enter into relationship with anyone, we begin to know them. But our knowing, our connexion with them, grows deeper as we allow and work upon the relationship.

I have entered into relationship with Jesus. I like to think that our relationship is further advanced than at mere entry level. But there is still more that I can hope for – much more.

As with any relationship, my connexion with Jesus will deepen as I give time to Him, as I open myself to commune and to communicate with Him, and as I focus on Him and what He says to me and does with me.

I have the most wondrous opportunity to live in intimacy with Jesus. He has made possible the way. He has also set an example for me to follow. He would place Himself in quiet and rest in order to commune with His Heavenly Father. This is how I can meet Him. I still myself, apart from distraction, and I wait on Him. I do not wait long, for He is always there.



Loving Jesus,
I sit quietly in Your presence. I know You are here, I feel You.
Draw me closer, please. Take me to Yourself and grow me in You. May I share in Your everything? This is my desire.                             Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment