Thursday 3 August 2017

Fruitfulness

Once more a remnant of the house of Judah will take root below and bear fruit above.                                                                                                                                                      Isa. 37.31


Judah was seriously impacted by the Babylonian invasion. Many of the Israelites were taken into captivity to Babylon. Some would not return to their home land. God, however, preserved a remnant in the land. In time, a further remnant would return to their God-given home from Babylon.

I am reminded that God gives, and God can take away (Job 1.21), but it seems that God can also leave a remnant that can, in time, grow new roots and flourish, producing more rich fruit.

After seventy years of exile in Babylon, God returned His people to Judah. There they remained and prospered until the Romans further “demolished” the country in 70AD. Again, a remnant remained, and today Jews are returning to Israel from all points of the globe.

I am further reminded that God “prunes”, and the effect and result of His pruning is to bring new health and increased fruitfulness. I consider whether anything has been “cut down” in my life. Can this be used as a pruning by God, and does He wish me to bring fresh fruit from it?

I am mindful of my failures in close human relationships (marriage). I recall, also, how many years ago after a deep disappointment, God told me that my relationship would be with Him. This has been so for a long time. It is rich and seems to get richer with the passage of time. Through my relationship with Him, God has enabled me to share with others. Hopefully, He has used me to encourage others in their relationships with Him. It just maybe that further fresh fruit is to come from my relationship with my wonderful, heavenly Father. I do hope so.



Most Wonderful Father,

I thank You for the beautiful relationship You drew me into so long ago. I thank You for the growth and glorious continuation of that relationship. I thank You for the opportunities You give me to share with others in divine relationship. I thank You, and I ask for more. Please increase my fruitfulness in You, in Jesus’ name I ask.          Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment