Monday 5 March 2018

Peacemaker

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.               Jas. 3.18


The first thought to come to me in reflection is to consider the true nature of peacemakers, and not to confuse peacemakers with peacekeepers.

For me, the work of the peacemaker in a situation is to seek out the truth and then to apply that truth in love and concern for all concerned.

Peacemaking can be an extremely challenging task. Yet it can be eminently fulfilling to the one who rises to the challenge.

The need for peacemaking suggests that a difference or dispute exists. All parties may be seeking what they consider to be justice. But this might not always be the case. There is ever the risk of deception, even roguery and manipulation in a dispute.

However, I believe if the peacemaker appropriates the peace of Jesus, and operates in that peace, the outcome will be right.

James promises a harvest of righteousness. What a wonderful prospect this is.

I offer myself to God as a peacemaker. I think I have already tasted something of this activity. I give myself to Him for whatever else He would have me do.



Lord God,
I thank You sincerely for all those You have brought into my life to help me and support me. I acknowledge Your hand in all things.
I offer myself to be used by You to minister help and direction to whoever You would choose. I am willing, Lord. I deplore the state of the captive. I give myself to You to be instrumental in their release, if You so will it.                      Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment