Sunday 25 March 2018

A sinner saved

Remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins.                  Jas. 5.20


The sinner who was lost and is found causes the greatest rejoicing. James well knows this and his words encourage us to take every opportunity to minister to the lost.

The saved one is rescued from death, that is, eternal death. On coming to Jesus in repentance, sins are forgiven and freedom abounds. It is a privilege and a joy to live in the freedom of Christ. As I look around, I see so many who live in bondage. They chase the “treasures” of this world and they are never satisfied. Jesus cautions against this, encouraging us to go after the things that are from above. These will not fade or perish. These will endure and prosper. How different these things are from those of the worldly realm. The means of getting them, the cost, is also different.

Worldly treasures often come at an economic cost. Heavenly blessings, instead, may require a “cost” such as obedience, trust or faith.

Altogether the things of heaven are different from those of earth. I choose the heavenly way. May I have opportunity to minister to others and lead them, also, to this choice.



Lord God,
I have chosen not to walk in the ways of the world, yet I do falter. I confess and repent and seek Your ongoing guidance.
I also seek opportunities to minister to others and lead them in the way of Your truth. I give myself into Your service. Use me as You will, in Jesus’ name I ask.                  Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment