Saturday 3 March 2018

Heavenly wisdom

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.                   Jas. 3.17


The qualities of heavenly wisdom are well defined, consistent and good. Heavenly wisdom, when applied, will bring comfort and strength to those in need. It may show those who feel unloved that such is not the case. It gives encouragement and release.

James encourages us to demonstrate the wisdom and understanding we have by the life we lead, the deeds we do, and the manner in which we conduct ourselves, namely humility. This links in with James’ earlier statements about faith demonstrated in deeds. The familiar words that come to me are: “Don’t tell me, show me! Show me your faith, your wisdom, your very being by the way in which you live your life.”

For wisdom to come from heaven I believe it must be a gift from above. Many gifts come to us from the heavenly realm. I see wisdom as a particularly important gift. As I come to know, through heavenly wisdom, the right thing to do, I must then follow through with action. It is not sufficient to know and not do. I need both willingness and courage to carry out what I might need to do. God is my provider. All heavenly gifts come from Him. May He bless me with His wisdom.



Holy Father,

I know the reality of Jesus, and I want to be real myself. I wish to live out my ‘doing’ in heavenly wisdom. I ask You to remove from me anything base or worldly. I dare to ask for the wisdom that comes from heaven, and also the courage to act in that wisdom.                Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment