Wednesday 7 March 2018

How to...

You want something but don’t get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.       Jas. 4.2


What I see here is a contrast between the way of a believer and the possible way of a non-believer.

It is not automatically so, of course, but the way of a non-believer could well be that of wanting something, coveting it, and then going all out to get it, using any and every possible means. We might quarrel and fight, even kill for what we want, but this is not the right way.

This ought not to be the way of the believer. Sadly, sometimes it is, and this is not good! Rather, James gives us the way to go. We ought not covet and then look to our own devices to get what we want. No, we need to come before God in humble petition and wait on Him that His will, and only His will, should come to pass in our lives.

These days I don’t seem to want as avidly as I may have previously. I have come, more and more, to a point of desiring God’s will, and that alone. I do not go without. I do not have extensive worldly treats, but neither do I crave or covet these. I have so much joy and fulfilment in those things that God brings to be in my life. I know that His way is so much better than my way.



O Great and Loving God,
I thank You for bringing me to a place of solid trust in You. I commit to Your will and Your way, for I see the blessings You pour out upon me. If there is one thing for me to ask of You it would be that You have Your way in me. May Your will be done in my life, in Jesus’ glorious name.            Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment