Tuesday 16 January 2018

Outside the camp

Let us, then, go to him outside the camp, bearing the disgrace he bore. For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.  Heb. 13.13,14


Jesus placed Himself outside the camp. He chose to become undesirable Himself in order to save others out of shame and into glory.

And His work goes on. If Jesus was on earth today I’m sure He would be working outside the camp. He would be ministering to the unfortunates of this world who maybe miss out on the essentials of life, or who suffer ill-health, disease or other deprivations. They are truly on the outer, and I see Jesus with them ministering the love and the grace of God, drawing them into relationship and warming their very souls by His presence.

But what of me? I profess to be a follower of Jesus. I have given myself to Him and I like to think that I would go wherever He asks me, to give and to do whatever He wants. As I give each new day to Him, I believe I am in the right place with Him. Sometimes I have a sense of being “outside the camp” but I know this is not to the extent that it is with some of His wonderful workers.

In living outside the camp, Jesus brought much criticism and scorn upon Himself. This has also been the case with many of His followers. May I be strengthened by Him to withstand in any challenging position I might find myself. I know I will only know true peace when I am where He would have me be. If this is outside the camp – so be it!



Loving Lord Jesus,
I salute You in the matter of life outside the camp. I ask that You strengthen me for the challenges ahead and accompany me throughout the journey.                   Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment