Monday 22 January 2018

A Prayer

May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.                Heb. 13.20, 21


I receive these words as a prayer, and one that I could pray repeatedly. God is indeed the God of peace, but He is also the God of power. The writer reminds us that the power of God brought the Lord Jesus back from the dead. The power of God took Christ to heaven where He now sits in glory on the right hand of the Father. This power affirms for me that God can do anything. Truly, nothing is impossible to Him.

And the prayer exhorts this powerful God to equip me with everything good to enable me to do His will. May He work in me all that is pleasing to Him and may He receive all the glory, through all time.

What more could I ask for? These words say it all.



Lord, Mighty God,
I acknowledge Your love, Your peace and Your power. I humbly ask that You equip me with everything I need to live out Your will in my life. Please work in me all that is pleasing to You. Join me to You such that what I think, say and do comes from You. May my very being be saturated in You. May I abide in You at all times.


I seek to delight You in the fullness of sweet relationship. Draw me in, and make me wholly Yours, in Jesus’ precious name I pray.                      Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment