Thursday 18 January 2018

My Sacrifice

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise – the fruit of lips that confess his name.                                                                             Heb. 13.15


Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for me. As I ponder this verse I come to consider the sacrifice I am prepared to make for Him.

I am encouraged to offer a sacrifice of praise. I do indeed do this. I rejoice to sing the praises of my Saviour. I delight to give myself in most holy worship to him. May my lips bring forth much good fruit as I laud and honour His Name.

My sacrifice of praise is not contained or restricted to words spoken or sung. I back up my words with action. I am no Christian if I do not live out my faith with my very life being an act of testimony to my Lord. I have given myself wholly to God – body, mind, soul and spirit. I seek to do His will, to live in the very centre of his will and to bring delight to him. This does not always happen. There are times when I do not think, speak, or act in a way that is pleasing to Him. I do not despair. I confess and ask His forgiveness. Then I give myself anew to Him to follow through as He would have me.

I look to my Lord for constant guidance. He will show me as I ask. He will guide me if I allow Him. His love for me is totally beyond my understanding. If I accept this, and simply give Him rein (and reign) in my life, there is no limit to what we may achieve.



O Good and Gracious God,
I come to You afresh today. I sacrifice myself to Your will. Yet this is not sacrifice but joy. It is pure joy to work in partnership with You. Receive me, please.                 Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment