Friday 12 January 2018

Consistent

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.                          Heb. 13.8


God is unchanging. He is fully consistent. What was true yesterday holds for today and for all time. God is Father, God is Son, and God is Spirit. And all are equally consistent, and unchanging.

The deep truth of God, for me, is the reality of His love. He loves – and that’s it!
He loves all of creation, everything that He has made. This includes me. His love for me is such that He gave of Himself to rescue me from the sin that I found myself in. The consequences of that sin were death and eternal damnation. God did not want this for me. His love had created me for a finer purpose. Man’s sin had marred that purpose, but God was not going to allow that to prevail. He made the all-sufficient sacrifice that rescued me from that sin such that, after death, I shall enter glorious eternal life.

The love that did this for me is also there to guide me through each day. Here is the consistency of God. He doesn’t love and care for me once only, and that is it! His care is ongoing. He is concerned with how I am. He is interested in what I do. And He is for me. He is so very much for me and for my good. This, also, is a facet of Him that remains true for yesterday, today and forever.

How blessed I am. What a precious relationship is offered to me by this ever-faithful, all-powerful, and deeply-loving Being. I would be unbelievably foolish to refuse Him.



Mighty God,
I run to You in acceptance of the relationship You offer me. I note, and admire Your consistency. Help me to be consistent as I relate to You. I ask this in Jesus’ name.      Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment