Tuesday 2 January 2018

No escape

See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven?                                             Heb.  12.25


When Jesus was on this earth He spoke boldly the message of repentance and the kingdom of heaven. Many heard Him, some responded positively, but others did not. Yet these did not escape.

God’s way stands irrespective of whether we receive it or not. God does not need our acceptance or our approval to have His way. He is all-mighty and we will experience His might whatever our stance will be.

Jesus now warns us from heaven. Much has happened in the time since He walked this earth. If anything, we have far greater revelation of Him and His truth than did those who heard Him earlier. We know more, and there in more need for us to heed His warning.

Some do not need to hear His message as a warning. What I became aware of when He spoke to me was the wonder of love and relationship that He offered. He speaks this more strongly to me with every passing day. And I respond. I yield myself to Him willingly.

Whether we are overwhelmed by love, or whether we have to receive His words as warning, we would be foolish not to respond. The difference is the difference between life and death, between all or nothing.



Gracious Lord,
I thank You for Your message of love. I respond in the affirmative. I pray for those who are tempted to reject You. Show them, if You will, the reality of Your love. Draw them to You such that they can’t refuse. Touch earth with heaven, in Jesus’ name I pray.    Amen







My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").


No comments:

Post a Comment