Saturday 6 January 2018

Entertaining

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.                               Heb. 13.2


No one is unimportant. The simple fact that someone is alive tells me that God loves them and has a purpose for them. God loves them and He has called me to do likewise.

I see a couple of groupings with people. There are those I know and connect well with, and those I don’t know. The people I know often have pleasant characteristics that attract me, and make it easy for me to entertain them. Even if I become aware of not-so-pleasant traits, I can accommodate these in my relating to the individual. With people I don’t know there is a challenge for me to get to know them, to discover the pleasant and, maybe, the not so pleasant characteristics, and to develop relationships.

Then there are the groupings of people I find it easy to get on with, and those with whom it is not so easy to get on. I know God will help me in this as I allow Him. Indeed, I feel His encouragement. I know how circumstances and life’s experiences mould a person; how pain causes an adverse reaction; indeed, how people too often react, when a response is a healthier way to go.

Some people are easy to entertain. Others present more of a challenge. My love for God moves me to want to share that love. So I must face the challenge and get on with it. I also know that God is ever there to help me. This is greatly encouraging.



Lord God,
I rejoice in the relationship I have with You. I want to share this relationship with others. Help me, please, in this. Show me people as You see them, and give me a growing love for them.      Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment