Tuesday 5 December 2017

Something better

God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.                                                                                                        Heb. 11.40


God's perfect plan is our fulfilment in Christ. And this is a plan for us all. The great heroes of faith we read of in this chapter join with all of us in the ultimate destination of faith - wholeness in Christ, restoration in full into relationship with the Father, and an endless life of love.

I see those who have gone before living now in the fullness of what I hope for. This is my hope, and I found it firmly in faith. I join with my brothers and sisters in this earthly realm in glorious expectation of the wonders of heaven. I expect to meet Him face to face and to enter into that place of love and joy in Him, knowing that I am called to abide there for ever.

I have noted my belief that this is God's plan for us all. Peter reminds us that God wished no one to be lost, but all to come to repentance and salvation (2 Peter 3.9).

Do I have faith for them? I have faith to ask God on their behalf, to ask Him to give them the faith to believe, and to lead them into the joy of salvation.




Lord God,
I rejoice in the work You have done in my life. I thank You for this. I embrace the faith You have given me, and I dare to ask for more.

I pray also for those who do not yet live in good relationship with You. In faith I ask You to touch them. Reveal Yourself to them in loving expression. Give them the faith to believe and bring them into experiences that lead to salvation and to the exquisite wonder of relationship with You. I ask these things believing for them, as I ask in the mighty name of Jesus.             Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment