Monday 11 December 2017

Inspiration

Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.                                                                               Heb. 12.3


Even apart from the divine ramifications of what Jesus did for humanity, there are great treasures to be gleaned from His story.

Jesus is a wonderful inspiration. He saw His purpose in life and He stayed steadfastly true to that purpose. His sinless life is an example to every Christian believer, and His words are filled with encouragement.

Of particular impact to me is the way in which He endured opposition, treachery and even torture from miserable sinners who were jealous of Him, and who worked mischievously, and with evil intent against Him.

There are times when I experience injustice at the hands of others. This might be quite minor but the very fact that people seem to misinterpret or misrepresent me deliberately is a source of deep hurt and pain.

At those times when I experience such envy or even vindictiveness from others, I press in to God in prayer. I sometimes find myself saying, "Well, Lord, they haven't yet done to me what they did to You."

I am encouraged, affirmed, strengthened and greatly lifted up by the example of my Lord Jesus. I am profoundly grateful.



Lord Jesus,
I am deeply impacted by the way in which You endured the opposition of the sinful. I am encouraged when I face difficulty and, truly, I hear You say, "Come, follow me." I commit to do so. Please help me in this. May we overcome together.             Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment