Thursday 21 December 2017

Level paths

Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.                Heb. 12.12,13


I am encouraged to strengthen my feeble arms and weak knees. There is a presumption here that my arms are feeble and my knees weak, and I am exhorted to take action to make these parts of me stronger. I take these words as a very real encouragement to grow myself. So, how do I do this?

The Holy Scriptures give me many reminders that God is my strength. I will find my strength in Him. If I, then, seek to strengthen myself, surely the way is to give myself to Him. I surrender my weakness to His strength. I allow Him to take me and grow me.

The second verse suggests that I make level paths for my feet. I see this as meaning I choose to walk on even ground. I look for the right way, and I follow that way with commitment. I will know the way to go, for the "unlevel" paths give themselves away. I need to be alert to them.

The reading looks to the healing of the lame rather than their disabling. Their healing will come through "level paths". The lame might mean me, or it could refer to others. I need to walk a level path for my own well-being, but my journey could also be an example and encouragement to others. Let me seek out the level way.



O Loving God,
I come in my weakness and I seek Your strength. I surrender to You my feeble arms and weak knees. I ask You to make me stronger.
I choose to walk on level paths. I commit to this and I ask that You lead me so that I may not be lame. I invite You to use me to help others be healed of their lameness.         Amen.







My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").


No comments:

Post a Comment