Sunday 22 October 2017

Twofold

For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.                                         Heb. 2.17

Christ’s obligations presented here are twofold. He serves God and He intercedes for humanity.

Christ served God more faithfully than any other. He was God Himself, but He set aside His divinity and placed Himself in full, and ultimately painful, service to His Father.

Christ served humanity throughout His life. He taught, He encouraged, He healed and He set free from many afflictions and bondages. His final act of service was to give His very life in order to ransom sinners from the threat of eternal damnation.

Christ calls me to follow Him. I can follow Him in service to God and in giving myself to my fellow beings. My actions will not match His in scale, but I am not called to do this. Just as there was a divine plan for Him so, I believe, there is a divine plan for me. I am called to give of my best to follow the heavenly plan pre-ordained for me.

I truly believe God wants my obedience before anything else. He will enable. He will give me knowledge and expertise, enabling and insight where such is needed. He will lead. He simply asks my obedience to follow.



Lord God,
The example my Lord Jesus set is immense and could be overwhelming. But I am not overwhelmed for I sense You want, firstly, my obedience. Then all else will follow.
I give You my obedience. I so want to follow Jesus. I want to fulfil Your will for me, just as He did. I give myself to You in humble obedience.               Amen.







My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").


No comments:

Post a Comment