Wednesday 18 October 2017

Holy Family

Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.                                      Heb. 2.11


These are potent words. They declare the truth that those who truly seek to follow Jesus, who give themselves over to God’s sanctifying work in them, are taken into His family. Jesus embraces us and calls is His kin. He is not ashamed of us. I take these words: Jesus is not ashamed of me, and I allow them to penetrate to my deepest being.

He is not ashamed of me. He calls me His brother. Brother Peter! How amazing is it when the glorious, mighty and loving Lord Jesus Christ calls me Brother Peter! This thought humbles me. I know I do not deserve this, yet He calls me. He elevates me to the status of kinship. He enables me to go forth – as His brother.

He also unites me with every other true and faithful believer. We are all in His family. I have seen this wonderfully come to pass in my life. Many years ago I left my natural family when I migrated to a distant land. Yet in this far country God has given me a huge and loving spiritual family. I have many brothers and sisters, sons and daughters. And we all share the one glorious and unbelievably loving Father.

His blessings to me are immense, and there seems to be no end to them. I am ever thankful. I rejoice that this all-mighty but gracious God has enfolded me in His arms and taken me into His family.



Loving God,

You have truly made me Your son. I am humbled, and immensely grateful. Take me, Lord, and have Your way with me – absolutely! I love you.                    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment