Thursday 12 October 2017

The Greatest Miracle

God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.                                                               Heb. 2.4


The writer gives us something of a progression here. Salvation was first announced by the Lord. It was confirmed by those who heard Him. And God also testified to it by signs, wonders and miracles.

There have indeed been many miraculous occurrences during the course of Christianity down through the ages. But I see the greatest miracle of all being that of salvation itself. This is truly a work of God, which only God can achieve. Furthermore, salvation comes in God’s divine time and way. I cannot command salvation. I maybe can request it. But I must be ready to receive it when God presents it to me.

And the process and progress of salvation continues after my acceptance of God’s wonderful gift. I grow in salvation every day of my ongoing existence. Salvation is not a one-off concluded action. It is a state of being, a state in which I am constantly being refined as I give myself to Him.

This is my journey with Jesus. I walk with Him and He walks with me. He shows me and teaches me. My best, and most profitable, endeavour is to heed Him, to give myself to Him and fully embrace all that He has for me.

My salvation will not be complete until I reach heaven. Until then, I give myself each day to journey with Him and learn from Him.



Gracious Lord Jesus,
I thank You for the miraculous gift of salvation You have given to me. I give myself to You in return. Each day may You lead me and grow me. Draw me closer to You and infuse me with Your being and Your ways. Let us journey together into the fullness of salvation.                                                                                                                                                 Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment