Saturday 28 October 2017

Faithfulness

He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.                                                                                                                            Heb. 3.2


If I ask myself, “What was Jesus faithful to?” my instinctive answer is: The will of His Father. As I see it, He lived to fulfil the Father’s will for Him.

If I then ask, “What can account for the faithfulness of Moses?”, the answer is something like: He was obedient to the Word of God.

I grant that Moses was, perhaps, more apt to falter than Jesus was, but he gave himself to the best of his ability. He gave what he could, and God provided the rest.

From these reflections it is not difficult for me to distil the key to faithfulness – being attentive to God and obedient to what He might ask.

Another parallel I see in the lives of Jesus and Moses is that they took themselves apart, to a quiet place where they could focus on God, give Him their full attention, and hear what He had to say. Having heard, they were then challenged to be obedient in following through with anything He asked them to do.

The pattern is set. The examples are there for me to follow. Jesus often sought seclusion on the Mount of Olives. Moses climbed the mountain to dialogue with God. I have, at times, found myself on mountain heights where I’ve experienced wonderful communion with God. I’ve also found deep intimacy with Him in the confines of my own home. I am blessed to find Him wherever I choose to make myself available. I thank God for His grace in this.



Lord God,
I seek communion with You. I look for Your way that I might be obedient to Your will. I pray for discernment to truly hear You, and for courage to live in obedience to Your will.
                                                                                                                                    Amen.







My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").


No comments:

Post a Comment