Sunday 8 October 2017

Enemies?

To which of the angels did God ever say,
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet”?                                                                                Heb. 1.13


The comparison between the Son and angels is highlighted by this verse. The Son is the only one to be accorded this honour. He alone sits at the right hand of the Deity. And He remains there while His enemies are gathered at His feet in homage to Him.

I have further visions of this scene. In human history, enemies were often brought before their captors beaten and in chains. They were truly a spent force with no resistance left other than to submit to whatever humiliating punishment the victor would choose to inflict.

I don’t see this in the case of Christ on His heavenly throne. Rather, I see this “footstool” as fully released into the freedom of love, forgiveness and grace. These enemies have been released from the bondage of power and hate which would have held them captive as enemies of God. His boundless love has touched them and they have come rejoicing to the throne. Is this scene authentic? I don’t know, but it is what I see in my spirit.

And there are many today who strive to succeed without God. They fight the very being who could release them into the fullness of who they really are. I pray for these, that they may be drawn into the light and released from their present bondage.



Mighty God,

I sense Your love for those who exist in darkness. I pray that they might be shown, and clearly see, the way. Let the man of light reach out and touch them, and lead them into that place of true freedom and liberty. I pray this in Jesus’ mighty name.              Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment