Tuesday 10 October 2017

Perpetuated

This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.                                                                    Heb. 2.3b


The Lord Jesus announced Himself as the means of salvation. He said, “No one comes to the Father but by me.” He also said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.” These are powerful statements leading to salvation.

His disciples picked up the message. After His resurrection and ascension, these men were mightily filled by the Holy Spirit and empowered to go into all the world and confirm the message of salvation.

In time these men died. But the message was further picked up and has been transported down through the ages by men and women who have been empowered by God’s Holy Spirit to do so. Their testimony has been mighty. Their obedience to God has been honoured.

The ministry continues to day. And so, from the first announcement, by the angels, of the birth of a Saviour, through the sacrifice of Jesus and the testimony of many, it follows down to this very day, and the message is perpetuated.

I am a link in this chain. I may see myself as less strong than other links. This is of no great consequence. What is important is that I fulfil, to the best of my ability, what I have been called by God to do. His calling to me might be very different to that of others. I am not expected to fulfil their purposes in Him. I am, however, meant to serve Him to fullness in whatever purposes He has ordained for me.



Lord God,

I see myself, humbly, as a continuing link in this great chain that began with the angels’ announcement of a Saviour. I give myself wholeheartedly to those purposes You have ordained for my life. I offer myself freely to be equipped by You. Lead me on, in each and every venture and encounter You have for me. May we, together, serve the task.            Amen.



My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment