Wednesday 4 October 2017

Purified

After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.                                                                                                              Heb. 1.3b


There are many places in the Bible where resounding truths are presented by the simplest of sentences. Here is one such instance.

Jesus provided purification for sins. Herein lies the essence of salvation. Humanity cannot make its own way into heaven. Humanity is tainted. Humanity comprises a fallen race, sinners all! A sinless God cannot countenance sinful people. Jesus became the sacrifice and the scapegoat. He gave His sin-free life in payment for the sins of mankind – for all time.

The second part of this sentence completes our salvation. Jesus is now seated in glory and might in heaven. He who gave His life for us on earth now awaits us in holy splendour in heaven. He is ready to welcome us into the joy of the hereafter. He has freed us from sin and He has prepared a place for us in the heavenly realm.

This simple sentence says it all. How clearly God speaks. If only we would give ourselves to hear and to understand what He has for us. How greatly blessed we are!



Almighty God,
I rejoice in what You have done. I revel in the plan that You have for all mankind. I do not take this lightly; I am deeply grateful.
I seek to live in this eternal plan throughout the here and now. Take me and make me Yours. Open the way before me and lead me in that way. As we go, may we enjoy each other. I rejoice in this day. You have given me a new day and a new start. I thank You, in Jesus’ gracious name.           Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").


No comments:

Post a Comment