Wednesday 30 October 2019

Salvation

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.                             Isa 61. 1


This verse says so much about God’s sweet work of salvation. Salvation is most certainly God’s work. He may choose to use humans in the process of bringing others to the cross of Christ, but the work is His, and His alone.

The Spirit is God, and He works in tandem with the Father and the Son in the processes of salvation, conversion, and sanctification. The good news is preached, and the lost respond. This is the essence of salvation.

God is love. He desires to reach out to all people and to draw them to Him. He may work in them – changing, healing, equipping and empowering. He brings good things to the poor, the brokenhearted, the captives and the prisoners. This may well apply to most, if not all, people.

God is the destination, Jesus is the way, and the Spirit is the enabler. The Triune God works in the lives of those He calls to Himself.

Jesus declared the words of this verse (Isa. 61.1) over Himself in the synagogue at Nazareth. He lived out this commission. I believe, as we give ourselves to follow Him, so we, too, may be used by God to fulfil these blessings. We will bless others but in the process we shall be blessed ourselves.

How good God is! His reach is endless. His love is limitless. His desire is for all to come to Him, that no one should perish. In this world today, I see the Spirit as the holy agent. I offer myself freely into His way.


Lord God,
I come to You at the start of this new day. I look to journey through the day in company with You. I pray that You will lead me into the works that release people from the bondages and trials of life. I offer myself to be used by You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment