Friday 4 October 2019

Consequence

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, 
and your healing will appear, 
then your righteousness will go before you, 
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.        Isa. 58.8


These are exciting words. God has told me that, when I do the right thing by Him, the outcome will be truly “glorious”.

I give myself to the right kind of fast, to fight injustice and loose the yoke, to do whatever I can to set the oppressed free, to share my food with the hungry and provide shelter for the wanderer, to clothe the naked and embrace my family and not turn away from them. (vv 6,7)

As always, I can only try to do all this. I know His help is with me, and this gives me strength and brings me comfort. Would I, then, do what He asks of me without seeking reward or any other kudos? I like to think that I would. I will aim to do so.

What He tells me in verse 8 might flow naturally from me as I give myself fully into His Lordship, looking only to fulfil what He would have of me. He says, my light will break forth! I see this as His light, the light of Jesus breaking through my human nature and shining with divine energy. Healing will appear. I have been involved in healing, both physical and especially emotional. It is truly “wonder-full” to see God bring release in a situation, to set the person free.

I will be guarded and protected. My God-given righteousness will go before me, and His glory will follow me, covering me and holding me in the enormous safety of His hand. This is true blessing.



Most Mighty God,
You give me so many promises. I receive each and every one. I pray that I might do my part and live in obedience to Your will and Your ways for me. I know You are with me and I look to You. My journey is with You. I am wrapped up in Your holy person. I am filled with joy and gratitude. I thank You.              Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment