Wednesday 16 October 2019

Injustice

The way of peace they do not know; 
there is no justice in their paths. 
They have turned them into crooked roads; 
no one who walks in them will know peace.          Isa 59. 8


Justice has been replaced by injustice. We have previously been told that no one calls for justice (Isa. 59.4). Empty arguments and lies are used to attempt to prove justice, but all they show is the shallowness of people’s behaviour. 

That very behaviour begets trouble, arguments and, often, more threatening and dangerous situations. Ungodly actions will not benefit anyone. The Lord questions the injustice of His people: there is no justice in their paths. The people walk down crooked roads. No good comes from crookedness, and no peace will be found. God is very clear on this point, no one who walks the crooked path will know the peace of God. I grieve for the plight of such people.

We live in a world which I see as desperate for peace. Maybe the world at large does not see this. I see it, and I feel for those who need it but cannot see.

Peace is a gift from God. True peace in my view is the peace that Jesus shares with me: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.”  (John 14.27) The peace of Jesus is complete. Not only does it take me to a place of utmost serenity and rest, it also empowers me. I have known power in the peace of Jesus. In John’s account, Jesus stressed that His peace is not like the peace of the world. Worldly peace is fickle. It can be satisfying one day, yet completely absent the next day.

The peace of Jesus is for me. I give myself to His mercy, His justice, and His peace.


Lord Jesus,
I am not perfect, but I give myself into Your keeping with a request that You lead me in ways of justice and mercy. Let me know Your peace and, please, allow me to minister out of that peace and share it wherever You lead me to do so. I cry out for this peace-needing world. Please move in power.   Amen.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment