Friday 25 October 2019

Illuminated

“Arise, shine, for your light has come, 
and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.
See, darkness covers the earth 
and thick darkness is over its peoples, 
but the LORD rises upon you 
and his glory appears over you.”                Isa. 60.1,2


This is a most wonderful passage. Two words stand out for me: light, and glory.

The world is in darkness. Thick darkness covers the peoples of the earth, shutting out any light and allowing them no illumination or sight. Those things they need to see, and maybe even want to see, are hidden from them. It is possible that many do not know they are in darkness. They may be absorbed in worldly pursuits, and seemingly prospering in. them. Yet they are in the dark, even if they do not know it!

God brings enlightenment. All who truly come to Him will move out of the darkness and into the glorious light of revelation, salvation, and love.

The light emanates from the Godhead. Father, Son, and Spirit dazzle with the light that is a part of them. But they do not hold the light unto themselves. It is freely available to the believer. It is God’s light, but it is also my light. When I give. myself wholeheartedly to Jesus, His light shines on me; His light fills me, and His light shines forth from me.

The words though the prophet say: …your light has come. I believe he’s talking about me. The light Christ gives becomes my light. In Jesus I am lit up – to shine brightly into all the world, bringing illumination and revelation to those who stumble about in the darkness. The light brings forth the glory of the Lord shining upon me. I am mindful of Moses’ face when the Lord passed by him. He glowed with the glory of God. May I also glow – brightly and brilliantly, in the light and with the glory of my Great God.


Almighty,
I pray that the light of Jesus will shine upon me and totally infuse me with His presence. I seek the light that will shine through me, illuminating the path of Jesus in my journey through life. I dare to believe that the glory of God will arise on me. Hallelujah!          Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment