Wednesday 23 October 2019

Love and the Spirit

“As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the LORD. “My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever,” says the LORD.            Isa 59. 21


God’s faithfulness comes through once more in these words of renewed covenant. He will not deny His people. Though they are disobedient in the extreme His love for them overrides any negative action of theirs towards Him.

This is our God. This is the most wonderful love mankind could ever experience. Despite our failings and weaknesses, our disobedience and rebellion, God is faithful. His love for all of His creation continues unhindered,  unabated, constant and endless.

The covenant that God speaks forth to His people is the promise of the Holy Spirit upon them and the enduring nature of the words He puts into their mouths. I don’t know to what extent these early followers experienced the Holy Spirit. What I do know is that the Spirit of God is freely available today to all who will cry out to Him and receive Him.

I have experienced God’s Holy Spirit work mightily n my life. The Spirit has led me and enabled me to minister powerfully in the lives of others. The Spirit is God’s power with us on earth today, ready to lead us, to equip us, and to enable us to do the work of the Holy Spirit on the stage of today’s secularism and decadence.

I give myself into God’s hands. I make myself fully available to Him. I pray that He will take me, fill me with His Holy Spirit, and use me in His work on this earth.


Mighty God, Heavenly Father,
I yearn for more of Your Spirit in my life. I ask You to fill me. Please equip and use me for more work of ministry in the grace of the Father, the peace and blessing of the Son, and the power and enabling of the Spirit. Thank You.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment