Friday 11 October 2019

Provided

The LORD will guide you always; 
he will satisfy your needs 
in a sun-scorched land 
and will strengthen your frame. 
You will be like a well-watered garden, 
like a spring whose waters never fail.                              Isa. 58.11


I presume that Isaiah speaks these words of God to the Israelites. I see them applying to the nation, but I also see their application to individuals. God’s Word is available to all those who turn to it. God’s Word is filled with His promises to us. God is faithful and, in time, every one of His promises will come to pass. 

God’s promises, including those in the verse above, are for me. As a believer, I think I have a right to claim these promises and so, I do. I give myself to be guided by God. I place myself firmly in His hands. I know that He will satisfy my needs. I am fortunate that I am of an age and stage where I have no real wants, but the satisfying of my needs brings great blessing.

Whatever situation I find myself in, God will strengthen me. In doing so, He gives to me of his own strength. I need no other.

He will grow me as a well-watered garden. Water is essential to healthy living. God’s promise is that I will be like a spring whose waters never fail. 

I am mindful of those times when I am tempted to allow circumstances to affect me. This, even though God tells me not to fear, and to be anxious for nothing. I am taking hold of this. I am giving myself to live this way. I don’t always succeed, but He is ever there to help me. I appreciate my God, and I know He appreciates me.



Dear Father,
I thank You for the many promises You make to me. I claim all that You have, and I ask You to please make a way for me to share Your promises. May I know the health, the wonderful health and vitality of a true child of God. Please use me to share these wonders with others. Thank You.     Amen.    

No comments:

Post a Comment