Saturday 26 October 2019

Riches

Then you will look and be radiant, 
your heart will throb and swell with joy; 
the wealth of the seas will be brought to you, 
to you the riches of the nations will come.                      Isa 60. 5


Isaiah has talked of the light and the glory of God coming upon the people. The world may be in darkness, but God’s people are firmly in the light. The consequence of God’s light and glory on the people is His blessing on them.

God is over all. He is in control, and all of creation is at His command – He will bring prosperity to His people – the wealth of the seas and the riches of the nations – God’s people will not be in want.

This is good, yet what is more wonderful to me is the visage and outlook of the people. Their appearance is one of radiance. This will show on the outside but emanates from the inside: …Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Col.1.27)

The hearts of the believers will throb and swell with joy. I know from my experiences when the Holy Spirit is at work within me, I feel as if I’m going to burst. Such is the effect of His presence in me that I cannot help myself from releasing and sharing the wonder of Almighty God in me.

As this (God’s working in us and His light and glory shining forth) manifests within us, I believe Christians should freely and gloriously let it out.

The. World is, generally, spiritually poor. Many see Christians as enmeshed in piety, glum and severe, bound up and lacking “joie de vivre”. The reality ought to be the opposite. We (believers) have a joy that the world does not know. We are in intimate relationship with the Almighty. It needs to show. Whilst Jesus is in me, I need also to let Him out, to let the world see the wonder of our relationship, and the joy it brings.



Lord Jesus,
I pray that Your light will continue to shine bright and powerfully in and through me. Let me show the world the wonderful dynamic of our relationship. Let me share it and know that it is fruitful.       Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment