Sunday 6 October 2019

Help!

“Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say:
       Here am I.
If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing of the finger and malicious talk….                                          Isa.58.9a


As I call, the Lord will help me. He will say, “Here am I.” I think I will say, “I am here also Lord, and I need Your help and guidance.” The past few days have brought news that I must seriously pay heed to, and most definitely seek God for the way forward. 

There is a strong likelihood that the cancer has become active again. Recent scans would indicate this. A further scan tomorrow could bring greater clarification. An appointment has been arranged with the brain surgeon as further surgery could be an option. The alternative might be more treatment.

I am not anxious. (At least I’m being obedient in this – Phil. 4.6). I shall further follow the encouragement of Philippians and take everything to God by prayer and petition. As I thank God for the wonderful life He has given me and for all He has done for me, I will present my requests. Actually, I have only one request: to know His will for me, and to go forward in the fullness of that will.

Paul tells me that the peace of God will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus. I know this. Jesus shared His peace with me a long time ago. It has not left me. I am so wonderfully blessed.


My Sweet Father,
I thank You for the guidance You give me to navigate this journey of life. I thank You that You walk with me every step of the way.
I seek Your way for me now. I lay myself fully open before You and I ask You to show me the way – Your way – in which I am to travel through this time. I trust You. I love You.       Amen.

PS: this entry was drafted a couple of days ago. Since then a further scan has been carried out which indicates that the problem is not as serious as first thought. The ongoing action is simply to monitor progress. Praise God7

No comments:

Post a Comment