Monday 29 April 2019

Firm

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain.                             1 Cor. 15.58


“Therefore” in this verse points to the victory we have in Jesus Christ. The battle has already been fought and won. The work of believers now is to live in that victory.

As brothers and sisters in the faith, we are to stand firm. Is this difficult? Sometimes, yes!

Society has become most permissive and tolerant. The Christian stance is often mocked as narrow minded and totally out of touch. Yet we know that God does not change. Neither do His requirements of us. He is pure, a righteous God, and the way of the believer is to seek after righteousness. Nothing must move us from a position where we stand in the full lordship of Jesus Christ, willingly declaring this when called to. The victory has been won. The blessing is there for all who will receive it.



Lord God,
I rejoice in the victory that is mine in Christ. My desire is to stand firm. I yearn to touch others with the saving grace of Jesus.
Dear Lord, there is so much I want, and I feel today to come straight out and ask for it.
Physically, Lord, I ask for the fullness of health. I ask You to remove any tiredness and replace it with energy and vitality in You. 
Spiritually, I pray for breakthrough. I feel as if I’m on the verge of something new. I pray that I am not mistaken. I release myself, Lord, to whatever You wish of me.
I confess my sins, my imperfection and my unworthiness to be used by You. I bring these faults to You. I release them and ask Your forgiveness. Please set me free, and use me in the power that can only come from You.
Receive my love. Deepen my love. Draw me closer. Walk with me and talk with me. Let us journey together through each and every part of every day. I love You, and offer these heartfelt prayers to You in the name of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.                  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment