Tuesday 23 April 2019

Whatever

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.         1 Cor. 10.31


Paul’s words are all-inclusive. Everything – whatever I do, I should do for the glory of God. In who I am and all that I do God’s glory is to be seen.

As I reflect on this, and realise those things that I do that are not honouring to God, it comes to me how far I still have to go. In certain things I am still a wretched sinner and this identifies me. I am a sinner. I am as much in need of God’s mercy, grace and forgiveness today as I ever was. I need these things of Him now, and I will always need them.

I thank God that it is by His grace that I have been saved (Eph. 2.7). By the grace of God I am what I am (1 Cor. 15.10). It is God’s will that I be sanctified (1 Thess. 4.3), He Himself will sanctify me through and through (1Thess.5.23).

My whole person – spirit, soul and body will be touched by Him and kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thess. 5.23).



Dear God, Loving Father,
I thank You for Your great faithfulness. I thank You that my sanctification is in You and not in my own hands.
I am a miserable sinner. I come to You in full confession of my sins. I repent and ask Your forgiveness. I also ask Your help in strengthening myself against future temptation. 
I yield myself to You for Your work of sanctification to progress in me. Have Your way in me. I truly want Your will and not mine to be done.
All I can do is offer myself to You. Please work in me so that all that I am and all that I do, whatever it may be, might be for the glory of God.
I earnestly ask this, in Jesus’ name.             Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment