Tuesday 16 April 2019

With Christ

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we also live with him. 
                           Rom. 6.8


Christ died and was raised from the dead. His resurrected life differed from His former life. Through resurrection He was raised to live in glory, seated at the right hand of the Father and enjoying the full majesty, glory and power of the Godhead.

I allied myself with Christ when I received Him as Saviour and committed to Him as Lord. In my baptism I joined symbolically in His death and resurrection. My sin and my old way of living was buried with Him as I entered the water. As I rose out of the water I joined with Him in new life, in harmony with the Father and with all His glorious ways. I now live with Jesus. Sin is still a problem but I have an answer. As I press into Jesus, I know He is willing to forgive every confessed sin instantly. As I grow in Him, His influence upon me increases my desire to turn from sin. In this He is always there to help me.

To live with Jesus is a choice. It requires certain things of me yet these are not costly, for the blessings I receive far outweigh any input I offer.



Lord God,
I recall the process of salvation that I experienced. I recall also the sweetness of baptism. I have died with Jesus. Now I choose to live with Him. I look to the fullness of life as a child of God, as a co-heir with Christ.
I ask You to help me in dealing with sin in my life. Please caution me when sin threatens. Protect me. Challenge me to turn from sin and to embrace You fully.
I look to see my life grow in You. May I know and feel Your presence grow daily with me and in me. Lead me in Your ways. Show me clearly what You would have me do.
Let love grow and flourish between us as we co-habit – I in You and You in me.
I love You. Receive my love and prayers, in Jesus’ name.          Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment