Thursday 11 April 2019

Rest in Him

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.             Matt. 11.28


In recent times I have been receiving a number of messages that are consistent in content. Without exception, they have been saying to me: Come to God; press in to Him; be still; wait upon Him for refreshing, recharging, replenishing and strengthening. I am aware of the words: Spending time with the Lord is not an option – it is the answer!

I agree, and I come to a place of rest in Him. I am completely relaxed – perhaps too much so, if this is possible! I am still. The worship music I have playing at this moment is just right. As I sink into my comfortable chair, I feel as if I am sinking into the arms of my heavenly Father. I feel safe and safeguarded. This is where I belong. This is how I am to travel my particular journey through this life. As I rest in Him, He will strengthen me. He will love me and bring me into the fullness of provision in Him. I am to do only what He wills for me to do, and He will show me clearly all that this entails.

I feel assured. The Lord urges me to abide in Him. As I do this, the assurance will continue I cannot falter if I continue the practice of resting in Him. He will lead me and guide, and the most wonderful relationship will consolidate between us.



Lord God,
Right now I feel so relaxed, almost tired and sleepy. Yet the sense of peace and security that I feel transcends fatigue.
I am at peace. I am still. I sit at Your feet. I pay deep homage to Your most holy Majesty. And I rest completely in You.
I pray that I might receive rest, refreshing, renewing and strengthening from You and in You. I trust You for this. You are my source, my King, my Saviour, my Lord, my Judge, my Friend, my Lover, my Everything. I receive You, in love.               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment