Thursday 18 April 2019

For me

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.                                                  Rom. 5.8


This is where it starts. It’s really not about me. It is not of my doing. God is the prime mover. He is the one in charge. He gave Himself for me, dying for my sin so that I might be reconnected to Him. He did this for me and His sole motivation was the love He has for me.

         My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him. 
He alone is my rock and my salvation; 
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.              Psalm 62.1,2

I might say this is the rest of it. God restored me into relationship with Him in the first place and now, all that I need I will find in Him. He is my rest, He alone. Nowhere else will I find rest other that in Him. My salvation, my continuing journey of sanctification unto death and perfection comes from Him and, again, only from Him. He strengthens me. He leads, teaches and grows me.
He protects me. As I come to Him, fully, nothing will shake me.



Lord God,
I take hold of these words today because they are Your words. I choose to believe that I will find rest, outworking of my life’s journey and everything else I need, only in You. Your Word says so and I believe Your Word. Yes, Lord, I know this is true. I cannot deny it. I will not find what I’m looking for in the world. I certainly can’t provide it for myself. I have no problem in knowing that it’s only in You I will find my fulfilment.
Lord, I began and I will conclude with You. It’s all about You. I want my life to be a good and worthy witness to Jesus Christ. I desire to be a co-worker with God but based completely upon friendship with You. 
Please help me! I ask this of You in Jesus’ name.            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment