Sunday 14 April 2019

Faith and righteousness

This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.                                                                            Rom. 3.22


The righteousness of God – in God, with God and from God is available to man.

The righteousness that is met in, and discovered through, the gospel is a righteousness that man can know and grow in. Paul states that it is available to all who believe, whether Jew or Greek or anyone else. The means of receiving this righteousness is freely available. It is simply through faith in Jesus Christ.

God’s righteousness is goodness and purity, honesty and uprightness. It is all that is commendable.

Earlier in the chapter Paul contrasts God’s righteousness with man’s unrighteousness. The human side is weak and sinful. This is a fact, but it can be overcome. Through faith in Jesus Christ God’s righteousness may be received, the present darkness dispersed, and human weakness turned into Godly strength.



Dear Lord,
I know that I believe in Jesus Christ and I thank You for the faith that I have. This faith will lead me into Your righteousness. In fact, it is already doing so.
I surrender my human weakness to You. I release any remaining darkness in my life before the purity of Your light.
I open myself further to the fruits of Your righteousness. I embrace truth, mercy, grace, honesty, love, understanding, patience and a stronger sense of caring for my fellow being and a desire to see each one come into fulfilment in you.
You are the answer and the way is Jesus. My prayer is that the way may be opened wide this year for all those I know to come into fulfilment with You. My prayer is that they will meet with You and grow in love and righteousness.
Receive my prayer. Answer it, I pray, in Jesus’ name.               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment