Thursday 28 February 2019

Return and wait

But you must return to your God; 
maintain love and justice, 
and wait for your God always.                   Hosea 12.6


These are clear and simple directions – from God! In encouraging a return, there is an assumption of a movement away from God. So when I feel as if I am far from God, the remedy is a simple return to Him. Such return is evidenced by the maintenance of love and justice by me. These may not be easy things to do and if this is so, then I will know that I am getting closer to God.

Perhaps the most difficult thing to do is to always wait for God. Yet, even as I write this, I realise also that waiting on God can be the most wonderful, “delicious” experience. And it needs to be an abiding experience. Waiting for, and on, God is a continuum, it is a lifestyle rather than a series of intermittent events.



Lord God,
I thank You for the examples I read of men and women who waited for You and waited on You. They developed a lifestyle that was centred on You. This also is my desire. I know I’m not there yet, but I’m happy to be in the process.
Help me to maintain love and justice in all that I do. I abhor injustice and it riles me up. I surrender this to You. I ask You to work in me a right response to injustice. As I wait on You, I believe the right responses will come for whatever I’m faced with.
I look forward to living this day with You. As the day unfolds I pray that I will see You in every aspect. I feel like a child about to go on an outing with his Dad. Thank You, Lord. Thank You that You are there and that You swept me up into Your arms to love me and lead me. I wait for You. I wait on You. I look forward to the joy we will know and share, in Jesus’ name.          Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment