Tuesday 5 February 2019

Sin forgiven

…then say to them. “It is because your fathers forsook me,” declares the Lord, “and followed other gods and served and worshipped them. They forsook me and did not keep my law."                      Jer. 16.11


God has said He will bring disaster upon the Israelites. He will end their joy and gladness. And the reason is their sin and the sin of their fathers.

I have no idea of any details of sin concerning my forebears. I do not know if they were Godly and God fearing, or ungodly and pagan in all their living and practices. Fortunately, I don’t need to know. God knows and if I come before Him in penitence on their behalf, and lay their sins before Him, asking His forgiveness of them, I believe my loving God will hear my cry and confession and will bring pardon in the grace of His name.



Lord God,
I stand before You today at the end of a continuous line of all my ancestors. I do not know which of them walked with You and pleased You, nor do I know which of them ignored You and lived in evil and corrupt ways.
This I do know, none of them was without sin. They were all sinners, some more sinful than others. I lift each and every one of them to You and I bring myself before You in the humility of confession. I acknowledge, confess and repent of the sins of all my ancestors. These unknown people and any sinful practices I bring before You – each one of them – and I ask Your forgiveness. 
O great God, please forgive every one of my family and their forebears for the sins we have all committed. Please release us into the forgiving nature of Your love. Please lead us in love into the fulfilment of a God-ordained and God-blessed life. Please restore us to rightful relationship with You, in Jesus’ name I ask.                Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment