Thursday 14 February 2019

Available?

Then Peter began to speak, “I now realise how true it is that God does not show favouritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.”                                                   Acts 10.34,35


It sometimes feels to me as if I am one of God’s favourites. Sad as it may seem to me, God has no favourites. And this indeed is good news. God loves everybody and He is there for all who will receive Him. Peter had been prepared by God in a vision to answer the call to go to the Gentiles. He obeyed and the Holy Spirit was poured out upon Cornelius and his household.

God’s call to service is not exclusive. Jesus is quite clear when He says: “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.” (Mark 16.15)

The call is general, but I believe the calling is specific. God’s plans for each of His children are unique. It behoves us to be available to God for those plans and purposes that He calls us, individually, to fulfil.



Lord God,
I pray that I do not show favouritism and selectivity in the things that I am prepared to do for You. I say that I will do anything for You. I hope I mean this.
Right now I am restless and a little impatient because I don’t feel I know where I’m heading in You. Help me, Lord. I realise it’s not how I feel, but I do want to be useful to You. 
I ask You to show me clearly what You would have me do. 
You are my firm anchor and I hold fast to You. Lead me forward, in Jesus’ name I ask.            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment