Tuesday 12 February 2019

Belief

By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.       Acts. 3.16


Peter and John have been instrumental in the healing of the crippled beggar at the temple. But they did not effect the healing. The healing came in the name of Jesus which Peter exercised in faith. Peter knew that Jesus could heal. But, more than this, he had the faith for Jesus to heal this particular man at this immediate time.

Is this faith man-generated or God-given? I believe it is bestowed by God upon the one who opens up, in belief, to God. Belief is the basis for faith, but faith requires a strong and solid foundation of belief. The father of the boy prone to fits believed in Jesus but he was also aware that his belief needed strengthening: “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief.”( Mark 9.24) Jesus, in turn, rebuked the evil spirit in the boy and healed him. Was this Jesus’ way of helping the father to overcome his unbelief? I don’t know for sure, but I do know that Jesus will respond to all who ask in His name.



Lord God,
I raise Your name to the highest heaven. Nothing is impossible for You. I worship and adore You.
I also declare my firm belief in You. I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief! Yes, my Lord, I know that all things are possible in You. I also know that I can do anything in Christ.
I ask You to impart a faith into me that will never die nor wane but will in fact grow stronger and stronger. I believe. Lord, please give me a faith for miracles and the miracle working power of my Almighty God to draw all people to Himself. I ask in Jesus’ name.              Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment