Saturday 16 February 2019

Guiding

When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to…

During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.         Acts 16.7, 9-10


God’s guiding to the fulfilment of His plans and purposes is clearly seen in these verses. It would appear that God did not want Paul and his companions to tarry in the east but rather He sought to lead them to Macedonia. In this simple way the Gospel came to Europe. What wonders are both revealed and achieved when we follow the Lord God.

I read of this wonderful leading of Paul by the Lord, and I am tempted to be envious. However, I will resist and, instead, bring myself before Him in as right a manner as I am able.



Lord God,
I thank You for this reminder of Your wonderful leading of Paul. I choose to receive it as an affirmation that all things are in Your ultimate control, and that includes myself and the plans and purposes that You have for me.
I would not be honest if I did not bring before You that I am presently “restless” and feeling that there is no clear future in ministry that I see at this time. There, it’s out! I confess it, and I hand it over to You. You are Lord of every part of me for I give myself over to You. Your plans will be unfolded in Your time. I will try to be content with this.
Meanwhile I have plenty to do. I ask You to help me to apply myself to it with all the zeal that You would have me do. I pray that all I do will bring glory to Your name.
Thank You, Lord, in Jesus’ name.               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment