Sunday 10 February 2019

Wisdom

What man is wise enough to understand this? Who has been instructed by the LORD and can explain it? Why has the land been ruined and laid waste like a desert that no one can cross?                     Jer. 9.12


God’s Word (Jas.1.5) says if anyone lacks wisdom he should ask God. 

While Jesus walked and talked with the disciples on the road to Emmaus He opened the Scriptures to them. (Luke 24.32) When meeting a larger group of disciples later, He opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. (Luke 24.45) What wonderful instruction this is, to be taught directly by the Lord.

I believe history holds the lives of those who have been taught directly by the Lord. God has taken hold of individuals and, by revelation through His Holy Spirit, has opened their minds that they might receive His understanding.



Lord God,
I come before You and I ask for wisdom as Your Word encourages me to do. I pray that You would instruct me. Lord, I’m open to Your teaching. Show me please.
I pray that You would open my mind to the Scriptures and let me see the fullest understanding possible. I am so wanting to know You.
I know there are things that I might never explain in this life, and that is alright. But there are many things I seek a deeper understanding of, and I believe this is possible in You.
I come. Lord, I offer myself and I ask You to teach me and to instruct me and then use me according to Your will and purposes.
I rejoice this day in You. I lay the day before You and ask You to join me and lead me through.
And I ask all these things in Jesus’ name.              Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment