Saturday 2 March 2019

Life

But God does not take away life; instead he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him.      2 Sam. 14.14


This scripture is reminiscent of salvation. God does not want to deprive anyone of life. He would have them know the fullness of life in Him. The one who is estranged from Him, God would see restored and in joyful communion with Him.

Man may banish his fellow man, as indeed David did Absalom, but God’s way is not of banishment. His way is the way of reconciliation. May this be the way for me. I pray that I will never be tempted, under any circumstance, to cut off from people, to cast them away from me, but I would look to reconcile and, hopefully, in the process to bring them closer to God.



Lord God,
I thank You for this cameo that comes from the story of David and Absalom. Of course it reminds me of the coming of Your Son to offer each one of us pardon from our sins and a free and complete return to You.
Loving Father, I pray for my own behaviour in regard to others especially those that might reject or wound me. Help me not to “banish” or punish them. Let me see them as You see them and enable me to act towards them in a way that would be pleasing to You.
Thank You, O thank You, for the precious gift of salvation in Jesus. I ask for opportunities to share this gift. I pray that You will lead me to people and direct people to me. I ask You to give me the words to say and a willingness and boldness to speak out those words.
Precious Lord, I release myself to You this day. Have Your way in me, in Jesus’ name I ask.              Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment