Thursday 21 March 2019

Hearing

“I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.”                                    John 5.25


Once again I note Jesus begin a statement with the declaration: “I tell you the truth.” It impacts me every time I read this. Here is a man of truth. He is always truthful, never untruthful. What an amazing example for all who would follow Him!

This time Jesus is talking, in truth, of life for those who are dead. This might well refer to the future resurrection of the physically dead, but it also impacts upon those who are presently alive physically but spiritually dead to life in Jesus and relationship with God.

Jesus is saying that the time is now for these people to hear the voice of Jesus, and to respond. I know how much I would want people who are dear to me to respond to this. Then there are so many more that I don’t know who are also in need of the Saviour.

The work is truly enormous. Yet, nothing is impossible for my God.



Lord God, Blessed Lord Jesus,
Your Word declares that the “dead” shall hear the voice of the Son of God and receive the life that He offers. I thank You for the assurance of this word.
I pray for the many people that I know, and the countless millions that I don’t know, who do not yet walk with You. My family, friends and neighbours are so precious to me and I do so want to see them enjoy the life that is in You. I ask You to touch them. Show Yourself to them, my precious Saviour, in such a way that they will see the truth and embrace it in all its fullness.
I love my family and desire each one of them to walk with You. Oh, that they might know and enjoy a relationship with You that will fulfil and complete. Hear my prayer, Lord. Save my family, friends, neighbours and acquaintances – and beyond, in Your precious name I ask         Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment