Wednesday 20 March 2019

Safe

He tends his flock like a shepherd: 
he gathers the lambs in his arms 
and carries then close to his heart; 
he gently leads those that have young.                          Isa. 40.11


In the Ancient Middle East the relationship between the shepherd and his sheep was unique, and most powerful.

The shepherd would give each sheep in his flock a name, and he would call them by name. The young, the small, and the helpless would be carried up by the shepherd into his arms and held by him, safe and secure, close to his heart. This is the picture that I want to carry with me into today. 

My wonderful Lord and Saviour knows me by name. He gently calls me. I come; I am His. He lifts me up. I am secure in His gentle but strong arms. I am held close to his heart. I feel the beat of His heart. I want His heart to infect me. I pray He will impart to me the same beat, that my heart might reflect something of what is in His heart.



My Holy God, and Precious Saviour,
I have such a love for You and I pray that You would know this. My first desire is to be held by You, close to Your heart. I yearn to join with You in intimate relationship, to enjoy You and to know that You enjoy me.
I pray that You would share the beat of Your heart with me. As I grow in a deepening relationship with You, I yearn to feel Your love for others and to lead them into a love relationship with You.
Lord, I truly desire this but my first, and perhaps selfish, desire is to know the deepest and truest love relationship with You for myself. Hear me, Lord. Draw me into that place of sweetest communion with You. Enjoy me, please, as You love me, and lead me to enjoy You.
         Hallelujah! Praise Your name.           Amen.




Note:  I may make several postings in the next few days, as I shall be away next week. I hope you will enjoy these and be ministered to as they have ministered to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment