Saturday 9 March 2019

Sworn

The Lord Almighty has sworn, 
“Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, 
and as I have purposed, so it will stand.”             Isa. 14.24


The present prophecy that comes from Isaiah is against Babylon and Assyria. God will use these countries to punish His people, Israel, and then He will destroy them.

But the message is for all time. What God has planned will come to be. God’s purposes will stand.

         For the Lord Almighty has purposed, 
and who can thwart him? 
His hand is stretched out, 
and who can turn it back?                (v27)

God does not change. As His plans for Babylon and Assyria were fulfilled, so also will His plans for today come to pass.



Lord God,
I rejoice that You have a plan and purposes for my life. I surrender myself fully into Your will. Lead me forward into this day. May my own arrangements unfold, or not, as You lead.
I delight to live with You. You are the morning sun, the evening breeze and all that is between. I pray that the eyes of my heart might be opened to see and receive wonderful things from You. This might not fully unveil at first but I ask You to lead me and show me.
My heart is Yours. My mind also is Yours, but there are times when it needs to surrender the lead to my heart. I ask You to help me in these times.
Let us go forward into the day together. I release every part of today to You. I ask You to be my guide. Lead me in Your ways. Direct my steps. Speak to me please and share Yourself with me. I love You. I look forward to this day with You. Hallelujah!           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment