Thursday 21 March 2019

Heaven sent

To this John replied, “A man can receive only what is given him from heaven.”                                                                         John 3.27


John the Baptist spoke these words as an argument took place among some of his disciples over ceremonial washing and the baptisms that Jesus was conducting in the face of John’s baptisms.

John was neither envious nor resentful. He knew what he had been called to do. He also knew that Jesus had been specifically called, and for a higher, greater purpose. This did not faze him. He, like Jesus, had received what heaven had intended for him. He was content to fulfil those things expected of him, and not envy or covet the greater calling of Jesus.

It is so for all of us. Giftings and enablings are heaven sent. I believe my duty is to receive what had been given to me from heaven, and to diligently express and fulfil all that heaven requires of me. Herein is my peace and satisfaction.



Lord God,
I feel as a chosen one. I know I have been chosen by You. I have been chosen to enter into relationship with You. I thank You for this. 
I receive all that heaven gives me. I ask for wisdom and discernment to fully utilise all that is heaven sent, and to please You in what I do. I, like John, seek not to envy others but, rather, to keep myself focused on You and to aim for the out working of your purposes in my life.
Let me not be side-tracked with foolish ambitions of the flesh. I seek heaven – the Kingdom of God – first. I look for the righteousness of God and my desire is to partake of His kingdom and His righteousness to the full measure apportioned to me.
Holy One, I come to You. Receive me and fill me. Walk with me and lead me through this day to Your praise and glory. In Jesus name I ask.            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment