Tuesday 5 March 2019

Going

“As you go, preach this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven is near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.”            Matt. 10.7


Jesus has called the twelve and given them authority. He has then sent them out. They are truly “apostles” – sent ones.

I believe it is possible for Jesus to do this same thing today. He may well have been doing it through the ages, but man hasn’t always been open to this particular divine commission. There is evidence of such ministries through the Spirit – the agent of Jesus – in more recent times.

I believe Jesus wants to heal today as much as He healed in the days when He walked the earth. The Spirit is active in this day and might just be looking for willing disciples.



Lord Jesus,
I read the words that You spoke to the first apostles, and I respond.
I offer myself to You, to preach the message of the kingdom of heaven, to heal the sick, even to raise the dead, to cleanse those gripped by cruel and terrible disease, and to drive out demons. I willingly give away – freely – what I receive from You.
I offer myself, Lord. I so want to serve You. I yearn to share the love and relationship I have with You, and draw others into Your kingdom. I do not have the personal skills to do this, nor would I want to do it in my own strength.
I need Your enabling. I look for the strength and endorsement that can only come from You. I humbly ask for Your anointing.
Touch me, Lord. Draw me closer to You. Lead me forth in ministry for You. Come with me. Let us together spread the word, heal the sick, find and save the lost, and draw all to the Father. I ask this in Your powerful and precious Name.                                                            Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment